mhs.mb.ca

Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Patrick School No. 1485 (Municipality of Ste. Rose)

  • ️Gordon Goldsborough

The St. Patrick School District was established in December 1908 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SW27-24-15W in what is now the Municipality of Ste. Rose. In 1961, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Ste. Rose du Lac Consolidated School District and later the Turtle River School Division. The former school building was later used as a workshop but was standing vacant at the time of a 2014 site visit. It was demolished in the fall of 2017.

Sources:

Valpoy West topographic map, 62O/3 West, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

We thank Wayne Inkster for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 2 April 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.

SEARCH the collection

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.